Hey Hack Club 👀!
What does a security hacker 🤓, entrepreneur 💰, and software engineer 💡 have in common?
Join us on Friday, Nov 11 at 7pm ET, for a chill AMA with George Hotz to find out! George discovered (and became prolific in) coding in high school through projects, a journey that I’m sure many of you (including myself) relate to.
I’ll be hosting it with @aids and we can’t wait to see you there, so be sure to RSVP by reacting to the #announcements post with a :comma: emoji.
Want to learn more about George Hotz? Well, here’s the TL;DR on why you’ll want to ask him questions:
- 🔏When he was 17, he was the first person to remove the SIM Lock on iPhones and even got a congratulatory email from Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple)
- 🧰He built his own self-driving car is less than a month!
- 😎He’s the founder of comma.ai (the autonomous car upgrade that “makes driving chill”).
- 🏆A Portlander at heart, George won the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) thrice in high school and spent much of his twenties jailbreaking Apple and Sony devices (and got sued for doing so)!
- 💽Some more big-name brands that he’s gotten the pleasure of hacking include iOS, Android, and PlayStation 3.
- 🎵Listen to him rap (Hotz is tomcr00se on SoundCloud). He’s made over 28 original songs and covers ranging from original compositions “5AM in Silicon Valley” to “sufficiently advanced democracy is indistinguishable from trolling.” 👓Want to learn more about him? Check out these articles!
Again, react to our Slack #announcements post to RSVP and ask George Hotz questions on Friday, November 11th 4pm PT/ 7pm ET.
Shoutout @Ayush Paul, @belle, @Mark, and @Ramiz for putting this together and @aids for securing the AMA!
P.S. What’s your opinion on autonomous vehicles?